Cutler and Gross are makers of handcrafted eyewear, established in 1969 by opticians Mr Cutler and Mr Gross. Together, the pair created the perfect balance between taste and technicality, quickly cementing their reputation as industry leaders in eyewear.
With headquarters in London and Italy, and stores through the UK, US and Canada, we are proud of our dedicated, creative and collaborative team who are committed to providing industry leading eyewear and customer service. We are always looking for new members who share the same vision. Come join us.
Senior Management Accountant
Reporting To: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Angel, London
Term: Permanent, Full Time
Cutler and Gross was founded on the principle that when it comes to eyewear, it’s not just about how we see the world, it’s about how others see us. For over 50 years now, it has been at the forefront of optical design - as trailblazers, disrupters and pioneers whose legacy has been much imitated, but never surpassed.
A brand built on friendship, it was established by opticians Mr Cutler and Mr Gross in 1969. Thanks to word of mouth, what began in London’s Knightsbridge as a small but innovative bespoke service soon became a fully-fledged mecca for artists, rock stars, writers and royalty. Together, the pair had created the perfect balance between taste and technicality, quickly cementing their reputation as industry leaders in eyewear.
Using the finest raw materials, each individual frame is handmade by experienced craftspeople in its owns factory in Cadore, within the Italian Dolomites.
Today, the proudly independent eyewear brand has 6 flagship store locations in London, Bath, New York, Los Angeles and Toronto and is stocked in over 2000 Wholesale accounts in 50 countries around the world, and online at www.cutlerandgross.com
Purpose of Job/Key objectives
The Senior Management Accountant is responsible for the preparation and analysis of business reports, including monthly management accounts for the Cutler and Gross group of companies. The main objective of the role is to analyse and report on financial performance, including sales and margin analysis, support in the development of reporting systems, dashboards and KPIs, and to ensure all stakeholders (i.e. senior management, banks, auditors, tax offices) can fully rely upon the financial information provided.
• Preparation of annual budgets and business forecasts, including P & L, Balance Sheets and Cashflow
• Preparation of weekly group cashflow forecasts and assist with managing group cash requirements and foreign exchange, and supporting the accounts payables teams in overseeing monthly payment runs
• Analysis of group stock holding, valuation of stock, raw material pricing, wastage, and gross margin analysis to maximise profitability
• Responsibility for overseeing all stocktaking activities for the retail stores in the UK and North America, and the factory and distribution centre in Italy
• Preparation of factory production reports working closely with the Planning Team in Italy
• Liaise with the product development and design team to prepare indicative costs of new product designs to ensure that they are within the agreed pricing structure to ensure adequate profitability
• Analysis of sales trends, identifying bestselling items for wholesale and retail divisions
• Support in the preparation of the monthly management accounts, including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cashflow reports, including consolidated accounts
• Input of all relevant journal entries, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets and other balance sheet reconciliations where required
• Additional reporting for the Sales Director and sales agents
• Lead the analysis and implementation of new systems to provide enhanced reporting and analysis for the business, including BI group reporting tools
• Periodically review departmental profit and loss reports with relevant managers, and provide additional analysis and information to support departmental decision making
• To assist in the implementation of and maintenance of robust internal control systems across the organisation by identifying problems, improving practices and writing new procedures
• Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of year-end Financial Accounts and liaison with Auditors
• Liaise with 3rd parties where required, including accountants, auditors and banks
• To work with the accounts team and provide assistance and advice where required
- Seasonal frame allowance
- Generous friends and family discount
- Annual eye test
- Access to sample sales
- Seasonal socials
- Hybrid work environment – 1 day work from home
• Demonstrate commitment to development and raising personal and professional standards
• Motivate the finance team by leading by example and set a positive and professional atmosphere in the business
- Recently qualified or finalist ACCA/CIMA with at least 2 years management reporting experience
- Experience of working in a commercial environment, ideally retail or manufacturing
- A confident self-starter with the ability to operate within a growing business
- Demonstrable ability to act as an agent for change through the implementation of new processes and procedures
- Staff management (where applicable)
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety
- Analysis and Reporting
- Communication and Presentation
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Organised, resourceful and a positive approach to work
- Ability and willingness to work with flexibility and to respond to the current and future needs of the business
- Ability to work in a “change” environment and able to deal with multiple priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
Personal & Positive aptitude
- Remaining professional, using tact and diplomacy with sensitivity, stating facts before feelings
- Passion for your profession
- Offering to help the team and collaborate to get the job done and encouraging suggestions / new ideas
- Committed to delivery of outstanding service
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Lead by example in areas of personal character, commitment, selling skills, and work habits
- Hands on, can do, approach
- Commitment to quality and best practice
- Positive, self-motivated and committed to achieving results
- Problem solver
Applicants should apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We are not accepting queries or candidate applications via recruitment agencies or consultants.
Note: To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.